- American Hospital Directory does not use email to solicit business. If you
receive an email solicitation from a company claiming to be "American
Hospital Directory" it is not from us. (Unfortunately, we have had to
take actions against unscrupulous companies that borrowed our name in
- Your email
address is maintained so that we can send you information regarding your
account. Such information includes subscription acknowledgements,
renewal acknowledgements, renewal notices, and lost passwords. (You will
receive a notification on the search page if your email address is
missing or if important email is being returned.)
- We also use your email address to let you know about enhancements and data
updates. If you do not wish to receive this type of notification,
however, you can indicate your preference in your profile. (You can
access your profile after logging in by clicking the blue
"Update your profile..." link that appears near the top navigation the
- Any information that we collect from you is regarded as confidential.
It is used strictly
to process credit card orders and to communicate with you regarding
your subscription. We do not use the information for any other
purpose and it is never disclosed to others.
- To ensure security we do not retain credit card information beyond the time of your purchase.
- Cookies are used to control a subscriber's access to services during a session. Cookies are not retained after a subscriber logs off or if a session is otherwise terminated. Cookies are not used for any other purpose and user activities are neither tracked nor shared with others. If a cookie is blocked by the user it will not be possible to log in or otherwise access subscriber services.